To watch the video of this episode, please go to: https://youtu.be/q2WeFfLdkiw
Crazy or Wise?
In this entertaining and insightful episode of Kaleidoscope of Possibilities, Dr. Adriana talks with Phil Borges – producer, photographer, filmmaker, journalist, and visionary who has spent over 30 years documenting indigenous and tribal cultures around the world – about his groundbreaking film CRAZYWISE. This is a sanguine and powerful discussion about mental illness and spiritual awakening that is not to be missed.
In this episode:
- Phil Borges, introduction, background and career
- The film CRAZYWISE
- Naming the film
- Psychosis and spiritual awakening
- Mental health crisis as a growth experience
- Healers, shamans, and visionaries
- Suggestibility and sensitivity
- Wrongness, feeling alone, suicide, paranoid states
- The role of medication
- The Recovery Movement
- Film screenings and messages of hope
- Brain Mapping & Default Mode Network
- Unity, oneness, extraordinary states of consciousness
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- CRAZYWISE film: https://crazywisefilm.com/
- Resource page: https://crazywisefilm.com/resources/
- Phil Borges Website: http://www.philborges.com/
- Phil's TED talks: https://youtu.be/9_KSYu1Tqx8
“Are you looking at this as a potential growth experience or are you looking at this as pathology?” - Phil
Would you like to continue this conversation and connect with other people who are interested in exploring these topics? Please join us on our Facebook group! (https://www.facebook.com/groups/KaleidoscopeOfPossibilities/)
About your host:
Disclaimer: This podcast represents the opinions of Dr. Adriana Popescu and her guests. The content expressed therein should not be taken as psychological or medical advice. The content here is for informational or entertainment purposes only. Please consult your healthcare professional for any medical or treatment questions.
This website or podcast is not to be used in any legal capacity whatsoever, including but not limited to establishing “standard of care” in any legal sense or as a basis for legal proceedings or expert witness testimony. Listening, reading, emailing, or interacting on social media with our content in no way establishes a client-therapist relationship.